Old October 9th 18, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ADSB panel display

On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 3:31:41 PM UTC-7, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 11:26:23 AM UTC-7, wrote:
My Trig22 now generates ADSB-out in my Experimental glider. I'd like to add a reasonable-cost adsb-in receiver and a bright panel-mounted traffic display (I can't see iphone or ipad screens here in the western sunlight). Any suggestions? I see the PingUSB adsb receiver ($200) and the AirAvionics ATD57 display ($575), but have been unable to find out if these systems will work together.

This is pretty clear in the specs, and so many past discussions here. The AirAvionc display works with FLARM and Garmin TIS protocols. The PingUSB sends out GDL protocol (as used by many apps like ForeFlight). So nope will not work.

I am surprised the ATD57 does not accept the common protocol used in the US for adsb.