Old May 11th 05, 02:04 AM
David Leonard

Tuno,
I was just looking at a flight one of your ASA buddies (YB - yellow
belly?) made on Saturday. Noticed it was truncated on the OLC display
while they were still several thousand feet in the air. Downloaded the
*.igc file, and the rest of the flight was there in the B records, all
the way to landing. SeeYou could show the whole flight and came up with
a much longer distance.

I don't have a way to check the appended *.cai file, but it could be
truncated on the server. I have had an incomplete upload of a file in
the past, without any understandable error message, or obvious way to
recover. That would explain the security failure reported. Could also be
because the B records in the igc file were edited. Don't know what the
OLC server does when it finds B records that don't match whats in the
appended *.CAI file. It could stop processing the log right there.
Tweaking the B records in the file is a no-no and will cause a security
failure with these secure log files.

Either might explain your error messages. You could try re-uploading as
mentioned earlier in this thread with a modified file name.

-Dave Leonard
ZL

Bob S wrote:
wrote:

2NO wrote:

I get:
"Valid waypoints reached in the present flight trace (IGC-file) are
printed in green.
The flight claim is complete only when all waypoints are printed in
green.
Suggestions will be made by the server only if the flight trace
approaches a declared waypoint to no more than 2.5km.
There is no fix in the IGC-file with your finish time."

I have exactly the same problem (Cambridge Model 10). I have

reviewed

the raw file and confirmed that there are indeed B record fixes in

the

file corresponding to the fixes that OLC is showing as no good.

I have verified multiple
times that there is in fact a fix in the IGC file with exactly the
finish time...

Ditto.

I have tried - CAI file direct to See-You 2.85. I have tried CAI

file

+ conv-cam to create new IGC file then the OLC utility cai2igc to
append the G records to the new IGC file & several variations

thereon.

All equally hopeless and resulting in the same errors as you have. I
have wasted hours on this and I'm giving up unless someone has the
process down.

I had a very similar problem last year. With the help of the OLC team,
it was determined that the file transfer to OLC was incomplete, so many
B records were missing on the file on their system. I tried to upload
the file again and was rebuffed with the message "Flight File already
in OLC" or some such ... it wouldn't replace the partial file with a
new copy.

Again, the OLC team provided a trick that allowed me to eventually be
successful. The trick is to change the name of the .igc file to be
uploaded by bumping up the flight sequence number for the flight date.
That's the digit in the eighth character position in the file name.

Example: change ymdCxxx1.igc to ymdCxxx2.igc

OLC treats the new file as if it is a new file for a new claim, giving
a new shot at getting the complete file uploaded.