Old February 19th 17, 02:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Dr Jack forecast high too low

It seems that for many months Dr Jack's forecast temperature is off by -4° F consistently, sometimes I've see it too low by 7°.

Has anyone else seen this bias?

Tomorrow it is forecast 3.7° lower than the other commercial forecasts
(69.3 vs 73). I've seen this happen in the observed high temperature pretty often, not just the forecast. 4+ degrees is enough to throw off a lift and cloudbase prediction pretty far, and I've missed some good days because of this.

Has anyone else seen this?
I thought if there was widespread issues with this I could provide better feedback to Jack.

I wonder if the many updates to the RUC and NAM models have created some issues with the data or computations.

DrJack (www.drjack.info/BLIP) miniBLIPSPOT
Lat,Lon= 32.79,-84.44 (429,144)
Feb 19 - NAM
---------------------------------------