Old February 20th 17, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Dr Jack forecast high too low

On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 10:44:50 PM UTC-5, Ramy wrote:
Did you notice the same in the NAM model as well? I usually don't use blipspot.
one thing I noticed since last year with the NAM model is that the cloud base prediction is persistently lower than actual. It used to be more accurate.

Ramy

FWIW it seems to be the same issue in XCSkies too. Apparently the model
has a bias these days. Apparently it was a pretty good soaring day yesterday
around here (5K AGL), even though the blipmap forecasted weak, low, ripped up lift.