Old August 8th 17, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default FIRC recomendatons

On Monday, August 7, 2017 at 3:42:28 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hi All,

My first CFI-G renewal is coming up.
I have not been able to find any glider focused ones scheduled between now and my September 30th expiration date.

Is it okay to use a non glider (airplane) focused FIRC for a CFI-G renewal?

Any recommendations for a FIRC, I am leaning towards one of the online ones, but am willing to travel.

Thanks
Bill Kelley

I've used American Flyers. No charge after the first renewal except processing the application. I found it useful to keep up on airplane stuff even though I'm not an airplane instructor.
That said, when it works for you, I highly recommend you attend an SSF FIRC which is tailored for glider instructors. I think you will find it interesting and valuable.
UH