Old May 17th 18, 02:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default A Simple Question About LiFePO4 Batteries

My observations were purely subjective:Â* With SLA batteries, I would run
out of power in 3-5 hours.Â* With LiFePO4 batteries, my volt meter still
showed good voltage after 5 hours.Â* No hard numbers, I know, but I got
the performance that I required.

On 5/16/2018 5:16 PM, kinsell wrote:
On 05/15/2018 01:35 PM, wrote:
I got my simple answer about the apparently non-existent larger size
LiFePO4 battery.

Regarding the ensuing discussion, I didn't go the LiFePO4 route a few
years ago even though the sentiment at the time seemed to "it's a no
brainer; just do it." The current sentiment seems to be a bit more
nuanced, which is good to know. Thx, all, for the candid inputs.

Chip Bearden

Right, some people are discovering that comparing preposterously
optimistic data sheet numbers of lithium batteries against actual
performance of SLA's isn't a valid comparison.Â* Not everybody of course.

--
Dan, 5J