Old April 7th 04, 04:12 AM
Marty

Default TFR at Lambert Monday

Called FS for a return home trip to Lebanon,MO from Goshen,IN yesterday.

Damn!
TFR at Lambert, GW there to throw first pitch at Cardinal game!

Oh,well. Filed VFR flight plan and took off.

Lambert won't take auto turnover of flight following. I said bye to
Springfield, and called Lambert Approach. They could only say "No",it is
"Restricted" not "Prohibited" right?

They took me right on thru! Got to wave at a 737 who may not have been happy
to get held momentarily at 7000' while the little Cherokee passed under at
6500'. But hey, it saved me a fuel stop and a lot of time! ;-)

If you want something, just ask ATC and they will lend a helping hand.

Marty