Old October 29th 04, 04:29 AM
Eric Greenwell

Guy Byars wrote:

I like my new panel better. Airspeed, Compass, Altimeter, and pellet vario.
Anything more is just a distraction!

http://www.gfbyars.com/SGU1-20/P9050171.JPG

Stop by the Schweizer 1-20 Homepage and see the restoration progress:

Well, you better put in a vario with an audio, or you will spend most
your time looking at the pellets, then you'll spend the rest of your
time looking at the compass because you'll be so lost you'll need it!

In keeping with age of the 1-20, I suggest the 50's Bolanger (sp?)
"whistle" vario, which used miniature whistles in place of the pellet
tubes. "Up" was higher pitched than "down". The only drawback was the
6.5 liter capacity needed to operate the little whistles, but any
Schweizer will have enough room for that.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA