Old July 12th 03, 11:35 PM
Wooduuuward

Wouldn't a wellnut be a better choice for this application? as
it already has rubber on it and you can place it from the outside
in.

clare, @, snyder.on, .ca wrote:

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 13:28:33 -0400, Michael Horowitz
wrote:

Folks -

I know that if I get someone to sit inside and hold the flat Tinnerman
fastener, I can screw in a machine screw from beneath the a/c. This is
not the type of fasterner that clips on to the edge of the metal.
For one person trying to either install or remove a screw from the
afore mentioned fastener, is there a trick for holding it in place? -
Mike

A dab of RTV a few days before you need to remove it?