Old April 10th 04, 02:21 PM
rip

DB, I've been through 4 of these. The original (brand unknown) that came
with my plane (a Navion with wet vacuum pump). Then I tried an Eclipse
separator, which was worthless. Next I tried an M20 turbos dual
installation (one for crankcase breather, the second for the wet pump).
In fact my Navion was the test bed for the M20 wet vacuum separator.
Look at the pictures on their website; that's my firewall. Still not
happy with the results, so I went with an Airwolf, which handles both
the vac pump AND the crankcase breather. Absolutely clean and dry for
over a year now. The plumbing is a bit more complicated, and the unit
itself is a bit larger, but it actually does what it's supposed to. And
does it very, very well.

Rip

Doodybutch wrote:
I am think of having one of these Air/Oil Separators installed on my R182
(Lycoming O-540) at annual this summer.

I have a couple of questions:

1) Do they actually work and keep the oily mess off the bottom of the plane?
2) I think there are at least two different ones available - which is the
best?
3) Are there any problems with them?

Thanks,

DB