Old October 4th 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BT

Default Caught off guard

How do you think the glider pilots felt.. landing in the grass at the base
of the marker.. the summer of 2003 after finishing a transcontenental race
that started in Southern California.
http://members.aol.com/JPAviation/RTKH.htm
BT

"Wizard of Draws" wrote in
message news:C148846E.99D4B%jeffbDELETEME@DELETEMETOOwizar dofdraws.com...
The wife and I have just returned from a week's vacation on the Outer
Banks
of North Carolina. With Kitty Hawk was just up the road, you know where we
ended up one day...

I thought we would stop so I could pay my respects and have a look around,
but I had no idea that it would have the effect on me that it did. Odd,
because with it's simplicity, I don't think the park is designed to bring
lump to your throat.

Maybe someday I'll get to pay proper respect and fly in instead of drive.
--
Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino

Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
http://www.wizardofdraws.com