Old June 19th 07, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Armchair CD U.S. Sports Class Nats

On Jun 16, 10:10 am, Mitch wrote:
From looking at the sports class nationals scores, And seeing that

their have been only THREE landouts in four days of a 42 glider
NATIONALS, I'm thinking CD McQuigg is not pushing his troops hard
enough at this huge contest. I have heard that he is an ultra-
conservative CD, which is fine for a regional. I am of the opinion,
however, that with a spot on the team at stake that there be a bit
more separation of the scores. What do you folks think?

Oh, by the way anyone willing to take that thankless job of CD has my
undying respect, so before you jackals flame the crud out of me,
realize I'm trying to get some interesting discussion going on here as
"The Beatles sent my father to Hell" and "My air conditioner ate my
brother" are just not what I'm looking for when I come to this group.

-EX

It is quite obviuos that you have little or no contest experience as a
glider pilot. It is very bold of you to announce that Andy McQuigg is
an easy or conservative CD! This is my second nationals, and having
much more competition experience than you I reserve the right to call
you out on your accusations against the CD. If you think that you
know so much about national soaring competitions then I invite you to
soar with us and see how you do. I doubt that you will finish in the
top half of the score sheet. If you could even find the start
cylinder! When your Discus was at Perry I noticed that the gelcoat
was flaking off, I am not sure that it is airworthy and neither are
you! Oh and imagine that.... someone else was flying the Discus also,
not you!

972
p.s
I know of a glider refinishing businness that would do you and your
glider wonders.