Old November 5th 17, 06:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default liding_club_in_Denmark

On Friday, November 3, 2017 at 3:23:05 PM UTC-7, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 6:45:07 PM UTC-4, Jock Proudfoot wrote:

aircraft serial numbers
OY-RAX 28/294
OY-XRG 6217
OY-XRF 4788
OY-XPX 4654
OY-XPD 4-183
OY-RGX 101,AO.77

Here are more identifying information on the stolen gliders

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/AVI...uazu5STxGpT7EZ

My guess is that these gliders have been taken to a former Soviet block country where documentation is much less stringent. They had to have a semi-sized truck in which to haul all of the gliders. The contents could have been listed on a bill of lading as aircraft salvage parts (what border guard could tell the difference?). What better way to start a glider club on a budget? Also, documents such as bills of sale can be readily forged. I sold a DG400 that went to a buyer in Brazil (I hope that I never have to that again!). The glider was decertified by the FAA, who faxed a form to the Brazilian authorities. They promptly lost the document and it had to be replaced. I had the FAA fax the document to me; I photographed it and a sent the jpeg file to the Brazilian buyer, where it was graciously accepted by said authorities w/o further confirmation. It is not hard to imagine how this document could have be forged by someone w/o scruples at any stage in this process..

Tom