Old December 19th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.music.classical,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.aviation.products,demon.local,alt.astronomy
Michael Baldwin, Bruce

Default Carol Of The Bells disturbing Christmas

Art S wrote:
You reminded me of an experience years ago while working with a choral
teacher here in NYC. He was rehearsing the Carol of the Bells and he
stopped the group after a few moments and told the young men, 'boys, your
ding dongs aren't long enough.'

True story.

Art

Was Dickless in the choir?

BubbaGump wrote in message
Is it just me or is anyone else perplexed by why Carol Of The Bells is
a Christmas song? The lyrics are fine, but whenever I hear that
melody repeating over and over it immediately reminds me of the theme
song from some sort of horror movie, maybe Halloween or Jaws.

Also, there's something about the repetition that makes it sound like
the person playing is going mad. I mean insane.

Lastly, the loud overly done version that's played on the radio kind
of reminds me of a scene from an action movie where huge buildings or
blowing up.

In any case, although I don't celebrate Christmas, this song has
always confused me because none of this imagery seems associated with
the idea of peaceful happy times.

Weird.