Old January 29th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wikipedia:Yaw string

Nice work, ongoing! Doug....

These entries are surely very subtle yet powerful advertising for the
challenges of our sport.

Too bad we can't track how many people show up at a club saying... "I
was browsing this Wikipedia article and thought I'd give it a try!"

Best regards,
Bob

On Jan 29, 6:08 am, "Doug Haluza" wrote:
The Wikipedia article on the yaw string is featured on the main page
today in the "Did you know...." section as follows:

"Did you know..."

...that the yaw string, a simple tuft of yarn used as a flight
instrument by the Wright brothers, is still in use today?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaw_string