Old January 29th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

Default Wikipedia:Yaw string

Nor did they mention the vastly improved yaw string, the MKII "high tech"
yaw string! The MKII is reputed, by generally refutable and unreliable
sources, to increase L/D by at least 2 points - - but who's counting. This
from the inventor of the "QV quiet vent kit" (which really does decrease
noise from the Mecaplex flip-out window vent by a full 10 db as measured in
an ASH26E at 60 knots). Contact me directly for more info.

I'll have a supply of both with me at the SSA convention.

bumper ZZ (reverse all after @)
"Dare to be different . . . circle in sink."

"Ralph Jones" wrote in message
On 29 Jan 2007 03:08:22 -0800, "Doug Haluza"
wrote:

The Wikipedia article on the yaw string is featured on the main page
today in the "Did you know...." section as follows:

"Did you know..."

...that the yaw string, a simple tuft of yarn used as a flight
instrument by the Wright brothers, is still in use today?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaw_string

Hm...didn't point out the importance of using a metric yaw string on
German sailplanes...;-)

rj