Old February 27th 07, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default Garmin 430W/530W first impressions

karl gruber wrote:
I guess we'll find out. Jeppesen told me it would work.

Oh well, it's not a perfect world.

OTOH, I flew my first LNAV+V approach two days ago. The 430W worked like a
charm. The glide path needle from the WAAS receiver was much more steady
than the ILS glideslope needle into that runway at KTIW RWY 17. On the ILS
the needle usually dips at the shoreline.

No dips with WAAS vertical guidance, whether LPV, VNAV, or LNAV with
vertical advisory.

TSO-C146 really delivers "the goods" for RNAV.