Old November 1st 19, 06:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brian[_1_]

Default 2020 Mackay, Idaho Regatta

On Thursday, October 31, 2019 at 9:43:34 AM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
In the past, at another location, a friend and I on safari rented a
large O2 bottle from the local medical supplier.Â* Cost was $42 for a
month though we only needed it for a week.Â* We brought our own
trans-fill hose and, at the end of the week, offered free O2 for anyone
who wanted it.

That is pretty much exactly what I do only I already have a Large Bottle. My O2 supplier will let me delay the exchange of my old bottle for a couple weeks for a minimal charge ($15?) So I usually have the bottle left over oxygen from last year and a full bottle. But at Mackay we typically spend a lot of time between 16-18K with the option of going to 28K (Wave Window) so in two weeks we can use a significant amount of oxygen. Donations are accepted to offset the cost of the O2.

Brian