Old February 22nd 05, 11:32 PM
Michael Horowitz

"Gene Kearns" wrote:

I finally got the chance to talk to one of my students that is
restoring a 1939 BC-65 and he tells me that all of the fuel valve leg
work has been done and published in the Taylorcraft Magazine. Since
Imperial has gone Tango Uniform it was necessary to find replacement
parts that will cross over by specification. He didn't have the
numbers with him, but all of the parts are "tractor" parts. Follow the
instructions, fill out the 337, get an approval, and you have a legal
part for about ten dollars.

Gene - I see a conflict in what you are saying. Here you sound like
you are saying 'because it's tractor parts, I won't have any problem
with getting a 337 approved'

Previously you implied I'd need to use a valve with traceable
specifications.

It sounds like a conflict because a 'tractor part' isn't going to hve
traceable specs is it? - MIke