Old July 6th 18, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default AS 33

On Friday, July 6, 2018 at 12:52:24 AM UTC+1, Charlie Quebec wrote:
Ive never seen any of those brands in the same repair shop with faults from new.
Perhaps instead of hand waving you could show some examples?
Yeh, I thought not.

On delivery. Gliders I have bought new:

LS7: OK
Discus Bt OK - but it was completed and fitted out in the UK.

Duo T - TE tube not connected in the fin.

Discus 2cT - a tailplane rigging knob found to be stuck between the base of the fin and rudder (presumably dropped down form the top in the factor.

JS1c - fin ballast dump valve blocked. I spent 2 full days at the factory inspecting, test flying and collecting that one and we all still missed it.

Like someone else said, they are all hand built. They go through different fittings installations depending on the owner's requirements. I'd happily buy from JS, SH or Schleicher and am waiting for a Ventus at present.