Old August 1st 08, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Lou

Default Oshkosh: Kiwi launches $130,000 jetpack: Up, up and away

On Aug 1, 7:32 am, "Morgans" wrote:
"Lou" wrote in message

On Jul 31, 9:03 am, "Morgans" wrote:
"Lou" wrote

Did the tv show the amount of people that booo'ed him?

No! Did people really booo at him?
--
Jim in NC

Oh yea.

Wow, that must have been hard for his ego (and wallet) to take.

What do you suppose the percentage of the crowd was booing, and what was
their demographics, if it could be placed on one group or age?

I have to admit, that while I do think they are being overly cautious, I am
surprised at that reaction from the crowd.

I think I read somewhere that they would not be taking flights of
significant altitude until they had something like 600 hours without
trouble. That seems extreme, if that was accurate.
--
Jim in NC

Jim, I couldn't tell you the demographics, but I'd have to say in
the neighborhood of 10-12%. I was disappointed, but until I have
a successful jet pack, I'm not booing anyone.
Lou