Old March 22nd 04, 04:25 PM
Jim Weir

I know you said, "this summer", but that is only 11 or 12 lessons at one per
week. The training will last well into the fall. Actually, the training will
last his whole life, but that's another matter.

I'd go talk to his teacher, telling exactly what is planned and how it is going
to unfold. If the teacher has anything at all on the ball, his English
assignments are going to be to write about some aspect of flying, his math is
going to involve the trigonometry of wind triangles, and his history will be to
chronicle flight from Daedaleus (sp?) to the Mars mission.

Just a thought, mind you.

Jim

"Jay Honeck"

-My son, age 13, is planning to take flight lessons this summer. My wife and
-I are both pilots, so he has been flying since birth.

http://www.rst-engr.com