Old November 9th 05, 04:24 PM
Jonathan Goodish

Default PDA GPS software Which one??

In article ,
"John T" wrote:
"Reliability" can be used to reference a few different aspects of the PDA
system. If the user has to reset the iPAQ due to a driver issue totally
unrelated to the GPS, then the PDA is "less reliable" than a 295 that
they've never had to reset. The flexibility of the PDA-based system (a
strength in my opinion) introduces more opportunity for "reliability"
issues.

I never had a hardware reliability problem. My reference was to the
software. In the case of AnywhereMap, the bugs in the software and
inaccuracies in navigation data are rampant. A fine backup, certainly,
but not nearly as reliable as a one-button-press Lowrance or Garmin hand
held with the Jepp database.

JKG