Old December 8th 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
A Lieberma

Default IFR Cancellation Question

Ron Natalie wrote in
:

It's VERY MUCH WORTY of an ASRS filing. Not just because of the
"Get out of jail free" feature. There is something really
non-standard going on here and checking up on potential safety issues
is what ASRS is really for.

Well, *I think* I submitted a form?????

Downloaded the Adobe form, and at the bottom, has a submit button. Got a
promt warning me I couldn't save the filled out data, push OK, but no
computerized acknowledgement that it was even sent.

Guess time will tell if I get the top part of the form or not...

I might even just inquire with the facility QA person as to just
what exactly what is going on.

Since this is a first time occurrence and no safety issue came up, won't
make a big ado of this, just the ASRS report should suffice. I have never
had bad services from ATC, in fact always the other way around, outstanding
service.

I guess the crux of this post was to be sure I wasn't out to lunch
expecting certain phraseology from ATC.

Allen