Old January 6th 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
new_CFI

Default Procedure for calculating weight and balance

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Stubby writes:

also check faa.gov AC-61-238 "Pilots' Handbook of Aeronautical
Knowledge" will answer all your questions (I hope).

Section 12 explains the principles behind it, but it didn't actually
say how to calculate the center of gravity, or how to achieve neutral
trim (which nobody seems to care about except me).

as you burn fuel your CG changes. Your 'neutral trim' wont last. read
about the benifits of forward/aft CG's.

Now if your doing areobatics I believe the placement of the CG becomes even
more importent (all I have done is spins) and my guess is that a 'neutral
cg' is not the best place?