Old January 26th 04, 11:36 PM
ZZBunker

"Spiv" wrote in message ...
--
-
"ZZBunker" wrote in message
om...
"Gord Beaman" ) wrote in message

. ..
"Keith Willshaw" wrote:

On the 4th October 1958 two B.O.A.C. Comet 4s inaugurated the first

regular
transatlantic jet passenger service - another first for British
innovation.

But not non-stop, it had to stop in Newfoundland to refuel
while the 707 made the journey non stop.

I suggest you work on your reading skills.

Keith

Now now Keith. Newfoundland is on the western edge of the
Atlantic so it WAS 'transatlantic' wasn't it?...

No! Since we have to keep reminding the British
that the *Vikings*, not the British discovered New Foundland.
And when they did it, there *was no* Atlantic Ocean.

Did this ocean appear afterwards?

The *Atlantic* Ocean *never* appeared.
Since it was *invented* by jerk *Mediterranean* Philosophers
who made up a mythical place called Atlantis,
populated by fire-breathing Dragons, of course.

Or as the Greeks need to remimded every two years these days.
Olympus is high, but since the Japanese make Olypmus,
rather than the Swiss, it's unlikely the British
Ski Jumping Team will win any Gold Medals this year.
So, maybe they should stick to their usual Canadian Olympic
form and practice with the Jamiacan Bobsled Team.