Old July 7th 16, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Al-Ko Trailer Tongue failure

Nice save, F1! I'm towing a 1992 Cobra with the round tongue so I check that for cracks fairly regularly along with the usual hub/tire checks. But I've never towed with a motorhome and I, too, wonder if that's the common factor.

There was a flurry of concern some years ago about these earlier round trailer tongues on Cobras. Has everyone else replaced theirs already, leaving me in the minority? Or did this prove to be an issue only for those towing with larger RVs where some serious leverage could be applied?

Chip Bearden
ASW 24 "JB"