Old May 13th 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Roger Conroy[_2_]

Default The Swedish Model: How to build a jet fighter.

"WaltBJ" wrote in message
On May 13, 7:49 am, Douglas Eagleson
wrote:
SNIP
First let me say you got one thing right although stated it awkwardly.
FLY the aircraft. Airspeed, then altitude..

What next? What should a US pilot do? I would recommend a scene
recover, escape the scene and recover a visual sights. So if the
canard stall turns, the US pilot should already have in mind what to
do. He should point the nose straight up and at 10000 feet level off
and recover the lost aircraft sighting.
10,000 feet? In 1967 I flew a fighter that at fighting speed (650-700)
could exceed 50,000 on a zoom from the deck.

A performance box for low altitude fighting is not present in US
fighters.
Wherever did you get this idea? E/M diagrams go all the way to the
deck and a competent fighter pilot studies them for every airplane he
flies or expects to meet sometime.

A safety rule not always observed states 10,000 AG/SL is the
floor for training. Safety rules look fine on paper but when things
get dicey one does what one must.. Not a heck pf a lot of difference
in the way the bird flies between 10,000 and the weeds except one
must be careful not to to drag a wing tip or get committed too steep
too low. BTW, the Tbirds and the Blues fly down there and so do all
the air to ground types.

So, there debate of not. But recommend never again like the so called
expert on a newsgroup.
Bot phrasing, indeed.

Walt BJ

Walt
Its a waste of time (and electrons) responding. Douglas Eagleson is a bot.