Old June 4th 19, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JohnO[_2_]

Default Grob G-103 Wing Pin Collar Found Disengaged

On Tuesday, 4 June 2019 07:03:21 UTC+10, George Haeh wrote:
The glider was rigged, hookups checked by another person and flew three flights - off the winch.

The next morning's Daily Inspection found a collar was disengaged.

After some wriggling and pushing we got the collar reengaged.

We've flown this glider for a few years without this happening.

We will be checking every flight for a while.

Have any other G-103 pilots seen this?

Yes I have seen the the collar rotate a little after some flying on a few of that type. The retaining system of balls inside the collar do not disengage however the spiral lock to make the system firm backs off. There is a spring in the system to keep some pressure in the lock system.