Old September 22nd 04, 04:10 PM
Marco Leon

It happened during the wash so I don't think it was the wax. From what I
gleaned from past Google searches, folks regularly talk about removing
oxidation to get to the original layer of paint in order to make it look
shiny again. What does this "removal" entail and what would it look like? Is
it the same color as the paint?

Marco

"Dude" wrote in message
Paint from wash is not normal.

Paint from wax will depend on the wax. How oxydized was the paint from
before you waxed it? What wax did you use?

If you polish it out, and keep it waxed, this should not reoccur. I highly
recommend paying for a good polish rather than sweating through it.

"Marco Leon" mmleon(at)yahoo.com wrote in message
While washing and waxing my white Warrior last weekend in prep for the
winter, I noticed that the water squeezed from my towel was a bit white.

Is
this a normal side-effect from oxidation or is it bad paint? The plane

was
last painted 1996 with DuPont Imron.

Marco