Old February 16th 04, 03:06 AM
John Harper

Well, I don't think they could catch you for that... hypothetically,
I take off in my F-16 carefully controlling my climb rate so I reach
1800' exactly 1 foot after crossing LDN019. Then I yank the nose
up and bank hard so as to turn in a tiny turn radius. Maybe this would
be easier with a heli. But anyway you see my point (maybe...).

If there was something you had to avoid then it would have to
say something like... maintain RH until crossing LDN010, then
turn left 160 to intercept LDN019.

John

"Richard Kaplan" wrote in message
s.com...

"John Harper" wrote in message

Presumably if you reach
1800' before reaching LDN019 you just turn on course
to the radial... but it isn't obvious.

Well if you reach 1800' before reaching LDN019 I am not sure if you should
turn right onto the radial or if you should still intercept from the west

..
Perhaps the procedure was written to avoid a sensitive area on the ground

or
for noise abatement? I am not sure there is a clear answer that would
definitively comply with the procedure in that situation.

--
Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com