Old September 10th 17, 07:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Fabric covering for 2-33

On Friday, August 25, 2017 at 2:28:17 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I'm looking to find anyone who has done any work toward getting an approval for using Oratex on a 2-33. With the FAA field approval program gone (not officially but everything must go through engineering now) & a DER being very expensive, I'm trying to find anyone who has used the Oratex fabric process.

Gregg,
I contacted Kyle & they did not seem to be interested in Oratex. I was told by Oratex that K&L had purchased some material. I also contacted our local FAA rep to move on this. The FAA said if there is no STC then I'd have to go engineering & DER route. I told the Orarex folks (via emil) that they should provide the engineering & get the 2-33 on their list of approved STC's. I have never heard back from them. S0--Polyfiber is the covering it will get. I have tossed my Oratex brochures.