Old February 8th 05, 02:25 PM
kage

Often local re-built is better than new, especially gyros. What you don't
want is a gyro that has been shipped around.

Karl

"Denny" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have no opinion about Airtech... I do have opinions (boy, do I) on
rebuilding gyros... Look, if you use a gyro to control flight in IMC,
then your life depends on that gyro... Why anyone would bet their life
on an instrument that has already failed when brand new is only some
15% more is way beyond my reckoning...
For other instrumentation in the airplane, rebuilt is fine and makes
sense and I have a panel full of rebuilts, but for those instruments
where you bet your life brand new is the only way to go...

Denny