Old May 3rd 04, 11:42 PM
Bill Denton

Do you have a voltage regulator (either internal or external)? That's
probably where I would look based on everything you pointed out.

Very "rule of thumb", volts times amps equals watts...

"JFLEISC" wrote in message
I don't know very much about light aircraft electrical systems, but they

are
very similar to automobile systems, which I do know something about.

Well Bill, I appreciate the advice, however I also know a bit about cars

having
been a NAISE certified auto mechanic for over 20 years. First rule of auto
mechanics is listen to the customer's complaint. I said the generator

breaker
was tripping. The landing light breaker is fine and never trips. The give

away
here is that (with the fully charged battery, as you surmised) the landing
light does not go out. Neither of them do. In fact more lights come on,

namely
the 'no charging' light. Think about that one for a minute. Breaker pops,
landing lights still on...aka landing light circuit working.
One thing I'm not is an electrical engineer. How does it work?...something

like
if the draw (wattage) is the same and the voltage drops, the current goes
up?...or I've got it backwards or upside down or inside out etc? :-)

Jim