Old March 30th 20, 07:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default Clubs Still Flying List

On Monday, March 30, 2020 at 11:30:31 AM UTC-4, MNLou wrote:
I consider the airport to be a no religion / no politics environment.

I'm there to share my love of flying with other pilots of like mind.

Glider pilots who wear (whatever) politics/religion on their sleeves discourage people from getting/staying involved in the sport. Especially young people.

I once enjoyed two days of flying with a great pilot who I found out afterwards believes 'Nazis were/are not so bad'. It never came up.

The gliding community is much too small to bring forward topics that divide us.