Old March 28th 04, 05:55 PM
Edward McLaughlin

"B2431" wrote in message
From: "Edward McLaughlin"

"B2431" wrote in message
Do you have a problem with dyslexics? I am dyslexic and still managed

graduate college with very little help. It just made it harder. The

fact
Bush
graduated with dyslexia tells you how much harder he had to work to get
whatever grades he got.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

I hate to intterupt this with something aviation related, but I've always
assumed that being diagnosed dyslexic would disqualify a person for

flight
duty since it affects information processing in the brain. I guess that's
incorrect since you were on active duty for many years. Did dyslexia

affect
your career at all?

Ed

It kept me out of Army chopper school.

The only time I flew as crew was as maintenance on the 6 ACCS 135s.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

OK. So it does disqualify a person for being a pilot. I must be confusing
you with another poster as I thought you were a pilot when you served.
The reason I asked is that I have a son with a similar (but more serious)
affliction who is quite interested in aviation. I'm trying to discourage
this as a carrer choce. I've no doubt he could be a good pilot, but I doubt
he'll be allowed to make any money at it. I just wanted to make sure I was
telling him the right things.

Ed