Old November 8th 16, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean[_2_]

Default FAI, soaring and Olympic Games

Good points Gregg. It's going to be very hard, but this must be the SSA's "OBVIOUS" top priority. I'm not seeing very much in the way of even "light chatter" on this topic unfortunately.

No CFIG yet but I am planning on earning one. Maybe next spring. I just need to find some time.

I have been training/supporting a couple fairly famous photographers (one sports focused and the other a pure nature artist) to fly some very advanced custom drones (which help design and build to carry their ridiculous cameras) safely and efficiently ;-). That has been incredibly fun and rewarding.. I get to work with ESPN, NBC, America's Cup, etc. I plan on continuing with that.

For soaring, I would mainly be interested in a CFIG for teaching & promoting cross country soaring.

No trust fund here unfortunately.

Sean