Old February 25th 04, 02:29 AM
Peter Duniho

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
As I understand it, present Private Airman's Certificate holders will
lose the right to conduct sightseeing flights within 25 miles of the
departure airport.

What do you mean? Nothing about the new rule-making appears to affect
holders of Private certificates at all. Private pilots don't have any
specific allowance for making sightseeing flights within 25 miles of the
departure airport, though of course they can make a sightseeing flight of
arbitrary length as long as they are not taking money beyond those allowed
in the "sharing" rules.

What I don't get about this "town meeting" thing is what the point is. We
already had a way to provide comments through the docket web site, which I
did. Is the FAA not going to bother looking at those comments? How are
comments provided through the "town meeting" different, and why should I
bother adding anything there, given that I already provided my comments
through the usual channels previously?

Pete