Old October 5th 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Barnyard BOb

Default Rotax 2 cycle Oil mixture

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 21:19:48 -0700, "ULWA"
wrote:

Questions for the "people" "who" utilize the 2 cycle Rotax engine without
oil injection.
Looking for a good MO that you maybe using to keep fuel topped off for
moisture and yet the oil well
Blended with the fuel when the aircraft has sat for a short amount of time.
Of course with the ATV variety
of 2 cycle it's easy to grab the front brake and give it a good shake before
turning on the gas.
Obviously not my first choice to do with my airframe.

Thanks

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Dunno what "MO" means fer sure.
I'll assume the latin... modus operandi.

Not being a petro chemist or engineer, but....
once mixed, I've never had a mix 'unmix'.

Not to start a possible 'firestorm', but....
shelf life after mixing is a concern to those
that care not to just roll the dice and fly.

If one takes to heart what Rotax has to say,
you're playing russian roulette if you don't use
the correctly engineered oil for the application, too.
What would that be, you might ask?
Whatever Rotax recommends. )

.. Kindly remember....
If you get your ass stuck in a tree from any advice
garnered here, *YOU* brought it on yourself.

Double layer asbestos underwear buttoned up.

.. - Barnyard BOb -

Never re-elect a politician.