Old July 10th 04, 05:54 AM
C J Campbell

"SeeAndAvoid" wrote in message
link.net...
I just got done reading a book called "They Called It Pilot Error"
and boy are we in trouble if some of the knuckleheads that
are in this book are in any numbers out there.

The only knucklehead in the book that is really out there is the author, who
despite his claims to being an experienced pilot manages to confuse an HSI
with the attitude indicator, does not appear to understand the goals of
fundamental flight training, and generally seems to know little about
aviation except for a few buzzwords that he does not really understand their
meaning.

All the stories are fiction, though some of them are kind of fun to read.
The only place you will find where he admits that the book is entirely
fiction is an oblique mention of it in the introduction. You will not find
any of the incidents in the NTSB database.