Old October 29th 05, 08:46 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

Default Widower stabbed Air Traffic Controller?

"Stefan" wrote in message

You're absolutely correct. But then, there's such a thing which we call in
German "corporate culture" (translated, I don't know if this is the
correct term in English). You grow up and live in a certain corporate
culture and it's very difficult if not impossible to resist. It's the
responsibility of the managers to create a safe corporate culture. In this
case, one man operations at two workstations at night were SOP. It's
asking very much to second guess the SOP.

What's wrong with one-man operations during light traffic periods at what
would normally be two work stations? In the US you can find half a dozen
sectors combined and worked by one man during the night.