Old May 7th 04, 07:56 PM
David Megginson

David B. Cole wrote:

Thanks for the feedback guys, but after a crappy day of flying today I
think I'm going to postpone.

Give yourself another chance before you postpone.

Some people in these newsgroups might claim that their flying is perfect and
always has been, but many of the rest of us have gone through exactly the
same thing that you just went through: it happened to me the day before my
first solo, again during my first flubbed pre-PPL practice flight test, and
again during my first flubbed pre-IFR practice flight test, in every case
because of nerves and shaken confidence.

You're probably about to make a similar breakthrough -- in one or two
flights your confidence will come back, everything will seem easier than it
ever was before, and you'll be happy that you didn't postpone or give up.
I'm sure that your instructor has seen this pattern before.

All the best,

David