Old August 14th 08, 12:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
terry

Default Let's move on

On Aug 14, 7:59*pm, "Tim" wrote:
"Viperdoc" wrote

For the real pilots and students, I suggest joining Pilots of America, a
moderated group. It is what this NG used to be, before it was ruined by
Anthony and his likes.

It wasn't so much ruined by Mx as much as those who cannot take a pass on
endlessly arguing with him over some ridiculous detail, or have made it
their mission to expose him as a non-pilot, all with the seemingly honorable
goal of protecting the helpless student who might read something here and
then die as a result.

What a crock. *Anyone with half a brain knows how to treat information
posted on a newsgroup, or anywhere else online for that matter. *They don't
need help from a few crusaders.

I tend to agree. But I refuse to respond to him , not because he is
not a pilot or because he poses a risk to students or that he wants to
engage in endless argument, there are others that do that also. I
dont mind a robust debate myself ,its all part of the learning
process. No I just refuse to debate with him simply because of his
intellectually dishonesty ( some would say disability). If I have a
debate I expect the outcome to be one of 3 possibilities.

1. I have been proved wrong and I acknowledge that and appreciate the
fact that
I have learned something
2. I have proved the other person wrong, and they acknowledge that
and I gain
some personal satisfaction that I have helped someone, and that
perhaps
in 200 or so hours of piloting an aeroplane I might have actually
learned a thing
or two. .
3. The debate is about something that there is no right or wrong
answer and both
parties agree to disagree.

The outcome of a debate with Mxs is rarely any of the above the 3.
He has a total inability to admit he is wrong. He will either deny it
or try to deceitfully change the topic of what was disagreed with.
He is just a total waste of oxygen. Its a free choice of course but I
highly reccommend the ignore approach.
Terry
PPL Downunder