Old October 28th 09, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
D Ramapriya

Default Airliner crew flies 150 miles past airport

On 27 Oct, 16:51, a wrote:
On Oct 27, 12:09*am, Mike Ash wrote:

There's something of a different lesson here, isn't there? We, who
know something about aviation, find flaws with the reporters who focus
on elements of the story that are not important. Given that, when the
writing is about something about which we know little, we have to be
concerned about the importance (it was 150 miles, after all) as
presented as being the important ones and overlooking what really
matters (not paying attention to flying the airplane, not being in
radio contact,).

We don't yet know if they'd set up the auto-repeating CPDLC. I've
heard that a majority of pilots these days resort to only the most
minimal radio transmissions while the cool CPDLC keeps everyone happy.

Ramapriya