Old October 1st 17, 04:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Glider near miss with Airliner (emergency climb) near Chicagoyesterday?

Darryl Ramm wrote on 9/27/2017 10:39 PM:
t may be the low aggressive price (for a meets TSO-C145 devices) on the Dynon SV-GPS-2020 may in part be because Dynon wanted to provide users of the previous generation similar GPS receivers a low-cost upgrade path since the FAA changes with ADS-B compatibility in 2016 affected those older GPS receiver based systems (they would no longer trigger ADS-B ground services). Either way it's a great price and I hope we can hear how it goes for you if you install in your Phoenix.

A few Phoenix owners have installed SV-GPS-2020, and are apparently happy with it.
I'll likely do that eventually; currently, I'm waiting for my SV-ADSB-472 Dual
Band receiver. The early adopters appear to like it a lot.