Old September 3rd 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Why don't voice radio communications use FM?

Vaughn Simon writes:

You should a bit of reading before you make such comments. I happen to be in
the public safety communications field, and we are right now phasing out our old
trunked FM system for a VOIP system. We have already scrapped our old phone
systems in favor of VOIP and that is working just fine. If VOIP were
"notoriously unreliable" we would hardly use it for public safety
communications.

Wait and see.