Old July 11th 03, 05:18 PM
Todd Pattist

(Michael) wrote:

when two MEI's
take a 1-hour XC flight somewhere and each one comes back with a BFR
endorsement from the other, that's bull****,

OK, there's some grey area there. snip
but it still totally fails to conform to the spirit of the
regulation.

Exactly. It's clearly a violation if they came back after a
half hour, but when each pilot clearly flew with a CFI for
an hour, and met all the explicit regs, I'd want the FSDO to
keep its "spirit of the rule" and regional interpretations
to itself.

Ther was a time when no BFR was required. It's still true
that I can get a BFR in a hot air balloon and then fly a
pressurized twin loaded with passengers. There will always
be "loopholes." If they are so big that they need to be
closed, then the rule should be changed to close them.
FSDO's shouldn't go around with their own local
interpretations of what the rule should be.

Todd Pattist
(Remove DONTSPAMME from address to email reply.)
___
Make a commitment to learn something from every flight.
Share what you learn.