Old December 30th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
B4RT

Default How to hover

"Wannafly" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello, what are the control inputs required in a hover in an ideal
situation, what I am trying to figure out is what are you doing in a
no-wind situation to hover.

There's no other good answer to your question except: "The correct ones."

I'm not being sarcastic, its just that your question is like asking "how to
I ride a bicycle."

The way you teach someone to hover is to give them each control one at a
time while you describe what they're doing incorrectly (which is usually
overcontrolling) and what they're doing correctly (usually very little at
the start). The student just eventually figures it out during which time the
instructor prevents expensive crashes.

From experience I can tell you that IGE hovering does not become totally
second nature for quite some time, my guess is a few hundred hours.

Bart

BTW: Happy New Years all you RAR fans, trolls, contributors, and lurkers!