Old April 9th 05, 07:35 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 10:22:51 -0700, C J Campbell wrote:

Okay, I know security is important, but this reads like DHS or AOPA have
been taken in by an April Fools prank. I mean, really, a terrorist who goes
by the name of Hijaq?

^^^^^^
Hajaig
or: Hi Jack!

and I'd better believe it (pick your choice in what you believe) ... the
good old time is gone.

== ATTENTION CFIs AND FBOs ==
(...)
The Atlanta Joint Terrorism Task Force issued a special bulletin
regarding a certificated pilot, Zayead Christopher Hajaig, a
35-year-old white male British National born in Nigeria, who was

at least he is in the database:
Name : HAJAIG, ZAYEAD CHRISTOPHER
Airman's Address : xxxxxxxxxxxx
MORROW, GA, xxxxxxxx
FAA Region : Southern
Date of Medical : Nov, 2002
Class of Medical : 1
Expiration of Class 1 privileges : May, 2003
Airman Certificates : Private Pilot
Airplane Single Engine Land
Airplane Multiengine Land
Instrument Airplane

taking flight lessons at a Gwinnett County, Georgia, flight school.
Hajaig allegedly tried to have his flight instructor upgrade his
rating before he was qualified. He became aggressive and also tried

hm, which one? see above. maybe a checkout?

to have the flight school accelerate his training schedule.

oh well, I also had my flight school do that.

Hajaig was reported to the Atlanta Joint Terrorism Task Force and may

be nice to your CFI, else ...!!

have fled to the United Kingdom when he was alerted of the task force's
interest in him. The task force discovered that Hajaig was in the United
States illegally,

probably on a tourist visa (?) - bad idea in these days to come to the US
for flight training without the proper paperwork.

had no known source of income,

this is standard ([not only] for immigration officers. they have absolutely
no idea how the world is working outside the US.) BTDT but got no shirt.

and used calling cards

well, I used them, too. I also used the ... *gasp* ... internet to
communicate with other (often unknown) persons.

to communicate with others. The United Kingdom authorities have been
alerted, and Hajaig has been placed on the no-fly list.
(...)

#m
--
http://www.hotze.priv.at/album/aviation/caution.jpg