Old November 26th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee[_2_]

Default ADS-B Out response period extended to 3 March 2008

This NPRM needs to be drastically modified to exclude most GA aircraft
since it will mandate costly avionics for minimal to no benefit to the
GA community.

The document and response submittal procedures are available he

http://tinyurl.com/2raefd

I stringly suggest reading my reply first and that is available he

http://tinyurl.com/2wem8j

The one area that MAY be of benefit to some folks (not me) is in the
SAR arena. But even here a GPS enabled PLB is better than current
ELTs and the Spot Messenger system also looks appealing:

http://www.findmespot.com/explorespo...messenger.aspx

If you ignore this because you are "too busy" don't be surprised when
you are faced with a multi-thousand dollar equipment
purchase/installation, have to retain your Mode-C transponder and
don't get free weather and traffic alerts with this equipment.

Ron Lee